Paleo Waffles (makes about 6 waffles)
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup milk (almond or coconut milk work as well)
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 bananas
- Spices – add to taste, cardamom and cinnamon are good
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Additional coconut oil (melted or in a spray can)
Blend everything together in a blender except the coconut flour. Slowly blend in coconut flour and make sure it’s well absorbed (may need a little more or a little less depending on size of bananas). Brush or spray oil onto heated waffle maker. Pour batter into waffle maker and be sure not to fill it too high. Cook for two minutes. Top with berry topping, butter, real maple syrup, apple sauce, yogurt, etc.
- Heat 1 bag of frozen strawberries until defrosted (other berries and fruit as well)
- Use hand blender to thicken
I used the the Presto FlipSide Belgium Waffle Maker which is $35 on Amazon right now.