This salad is easy and provides a very well-balanced meal.
- 2 sweet potatoes cubed with skin on
- 1 tbsp refined coconut oil
- 1 grass-fed steak (sirloin, hanger, flatiron, flank, etc)
- 3 cups arugula or mixed greens
- 1 medium apple chopped (fuji works well)
- 1/4 cup roasted walnuts
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved
- dijon vinaigrette
Preheat oven to 350 and preheat grill. Toss sweet potato with melted refined coconut oil and bake for 25 minutes (or longer depending on cube size). Grill steak, with salt & pepper, favorite rub or marinade. Let steak rest for 10 minutes under foil or a plate, then slice against the bias. Toss greens, apples, walnuts and cherry tomatoes in bowl with dijon vinaigrette. This is also great with leftover steak for an easy weeknight dinner.