My kids love these and they are grain, nut and dairy-free. They are also really high in protein…but you’re kids will never know. You can make a big batch and then store the leftover batter for up to three days.
- 10 eggs
- 1 15 oz. can or carton of pumpkin
- 3 TBSP of coconut flour
- 3/4 TSP of baking soda
- Spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom, etc.
- Banana cut into little pieces (optional)
- Frozen or fresh blueberries (optional)
- Refined coconut oil for cooking
Mix eggs and pumpkin together. Mix in remaining dry ingredients. I use a hand blender with a whisk attachment to get it really well blended. Add in chopped banana and blueberries. Heat coconut oil in pan or griddle. The smaller the pancakes the easier they are to flip. Also, you will want to cook these on low-medium heat and let them cook a little longer than usual before flipping. They are great with pastured butter and/or applesauce.