With the recent developments and reporting on the Coronavirus, many of you have reached out to us in the hope that we will remain open. We plan to remain open as long as it is safe and responsible. This is a stressful time for all of us, and we recognize the benefits of exercise for stress management and immune support. We also recognize that this is serious and we need to take extra precautions for everyone’s safety.
Effective immediately, we are instituting the following:
- We will be closing the gym twice daily for deep cleaning (see updated schedule in following blog post).
- Mandatory hand-washing before & after class. Washing with soap for 20 seconds has been shown to kill the Coronavirus. Hand sanitizer is not a good replacement in the gym for washing hands with soap and water.
- No kids in the gym & no childcare. We know this is inconvenient, but kids will quickly present a space & sanitation issue with everyone out of school. This excludes Teens enrolled in the Teens Program.
- Wipe down all equipment after use. We will provide cleaning solution and rags for use on equipment after you are finished.
- Don’t come in if you’re at all sick (even if you think it’s just a cold) or have traveled. If you travel to any of the problematic countries or states, avoid the gym for 2 weeks after.
- Wash all athletic gear before you re-wear it. COVID-19 can live on surfaces for up to 3 days, so wash clothes, wraps, and shoes to reduce the spread to yourself and others.