Rory Korpela has been a member of CrossFit Sanitas for over 4 years now and is a staple of our early morning class times. Rory is known for his strength and contagious smile. He always seems like he is in a good mood entering the gym and an even better mood when he lives the gym. We are excited to have him as the June Member of the Month. Make sure to come in next Tuesday the 19th to celebrate Rory as Member of the Month!
1) How did you get started with CrossFit? What was the primary driving factor?
2) What are your goals for the upcoming 2018 CrossFit year?
- Get faster and increase my endurance. Being a bigger guy, weight lifting tends to be where I’m most comfortable. Enduring long punishing workouts, not so much.
- Do my first competition (outside of the Open). I love to compete and have held myself out for far too long.
3) What has been your biggest challenge you have had to overcome since starting CrossFit?
4) What is your favorite CrossFit Workout/Movement?
5) What is your least Favorite CrossFit Workout/Movement?
6) What advice can you give to those just starting out in CrossFit?
- Get comfortable with being uncomfortable. There is a lot to learn in CrossFit; the sooner you really listen to the coaches and the more enthusiastically you embrace what the workouts have to throw at you, the sooner you’re going to start reaching your goals.
- You can always do 1 more rep (or 2 or 3 or 4).
- Be friendly and get to know your community. I love the workouts but the people are what keep me coming back.
7) Lastly… what is your most memorable moment in Crossfit?
8) Specific Questions for Creating your Workout!
- Whats your birthday? 9-26-80
- Whats your lucky number? 9
- Do you like endurance style WODs or strength style WODs? I prefer the strength style wods.
- AMRAPs or For Time? I love them all but find that I like EMOM and AMRAP workouts the best.
Member of the Month Workout
On a 26min Clock
80 Wall Ball at 20#/14# Buy-In
3 Rounds of
9 Front Squats at 185/125
In the Remaining Time
Establish a 1RM Power Clean