- This event has passed.
St. Patrick’s Day Relay Obstacle Course and “Field” Day
March 17 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 amFree
How do you make St. Patrick’s Day better? Include a fitness element into your drinking, duh!
This year, we’re designing a Field Day-inspired celebration at the gym the morning of March 17. Not only to develop a little healthy competition, but to also give you all a fun, day-time activity during the holiday that could involve no drinking, or moderate drinking if you’re feeling sassy.
Here’s the plan
- Create a team of 4 people. They can be from the gym or not. Register your team here or on the paper sign-up at the front desk.
- Each team will compete in a relay race inside the gym. The relay race will include games like popping balloons with your butts, egg balance on a beer bottle, dizzy bat and more.
- After an individual completes their portion of the race, they will have to flip a cup, flip cup style. First team to get all 4 people through, wins! (Partners can drink water or beer.)
- We’ll use bracket-style scoring. The events will be super fast, and the top teams will go against each other for all the glory!
- The winning team members will each receive a $30 gift card to Rogue or CrossFit Sanitas (your choice).
What else is there to do?
Beyond hanging out with your friends and fellow athletes, knocking back a few beers and eating some St. Paddy’s inspired snacks, try out this challenge below!
Ever heard of the Beer Mile? Every 400m you drink a full beer to complete a mile run.
Well in CrossFit, we’re doing the Beer Sled Push!
This can be done one of two ways:
- As an individual, push the sled 40m, drink a 1/4 of a beer after every 40m.
- As a team of 2, push the sled 20m with your partner on the sled. The partner on the sled must finish a 1/4 of beer before the two switch spots. Repeat this 8 times so each partner will drink 1 full beer.
Is this kid friendly?
We’ll have bubbles and some really fun games for any little kids to participate in. If they’re older and want to do the relay race above, they can drink water.
Ask Tom or email Tom@CrossFitSanitas.com