This recipe comes from Sanitas athlete, Michelle Crystal (don’t worry, she’s from New England!) This is one of my favorite soups and one that I know my kids will always love. It’s got a perfect mix of carbs fat and protein. We’ve even started eating it for breakfast. Also, clams are really good for you and are considered a superfood for people trying to heal adrenal fatigue or HPA Axis Dysfunction.
- 2 lbs of minced clams (canned works very well)
- 2 lbs of additional seafood of choice chopped into bite-sized pieces (shrimp, cod, etc.)
- 2 bottles of clam juice
- 2 diced shallots
- 3 finely chopped celery stalks
- 1 full head of cauliflower chopped
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 cans full fat unsweetend coconut milk (Native Forest is the best)
- 3 cups chicken broth (I use better than bouillon)
- 1 diced russet potato
- 1 Tbsp thyme
- Salt and pepper (white pepper preferably)
Cook bacon until crispy in stock pot and then remove and chop into small pieces. Add celery and shallots to the bacon grease and cook until soft. Add diced potatoes, bottles of clam juice and coconut milk and let simmer until potatoes are almost soft. Add cauliflower, clams (and seafood of choice), chicken broth, thyme, salt and pepper… you can always add salt later so start light. Let simmer on low stirring occasionally for about 30 mins. Add the crispy bacon back to garnish and enjoy!