I timed myself this morning. This took 15 minutes to get ready and then I cooked it in the crock pot for 8 hours. It was so nice to come home to a house filled with the smell of slow cooked pot roast.
- 2 tbsp refined coconut oil
- 3 lb grass-fed Chuck Roast
- 2 cups of Beef Better Than Bouillon broth
- 1 tbsp Herbs de Provence or something similar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire or Coconut Aminos
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp hot sauce (adjust depending on spice level)
- Salt and pepper
- Potatoes, Turnips, Carrots, etc. cut into large pieces (I used two small bags of small potatoes for this photo)
Rub chuck roast with salt and pepper and brown in coconut oil over high heat. Place browned roast in crock pot and set to 8 hours. Prepare broth, add herbs, Worcestershire, mustard, hot sauce and some salt and pepper (you can adjust salt later so don’t overdo it) and stir. Place any veggies on top and pour liquid on top. Cover with lid and cook for at least 6 hours but 8+ is better. Adjust salt and pepper and serve.