Last year around this time, I wrote a post about visiting Haiti and getting to know The Vertile Foundation. Since then, I’m honored to have become the Executive Director, helping shape the direction of the organization so it can best help the children it serves.
The Vertile Foundation runs two operations:
- The House, which provides a safe, stable and nurturing home for abandoned and orphaned children
- The Academy, which is a school designed to teach leadership, technology and employable skills
Haiti is a bit like the Wild West, with rampant political corruption and high levels of poverty, unplanned pregnancy, and severe malnutrition. The system makes it difficult for parents to afford food, housing and education for their kids, and many abandon them. Vertile works hard to care for children impacted by poverty and starvation, giving them a family, an education, and a future. I got involved with Vertile because it represents the best of what we can do to help others in need.
- I ❤ the 80s Gala
- Friday, Sept. 27th
- 6:00 – 11:30 p.m.
- Folsom Field Event Center
Tickets: $100 per person
- Dinner by Celebrity Chef Justin Brunson, Restaurateur and Cooking Channel Host of SEARious Meats and The Best Thing I Ever Ate
- ‘80s throwback music and dance party
- There will be both a silent and live auction, filled with Sanitas-related goodies
All the proceeds go directly to support the children, helping the team provide housing, food, medical care and education for these kids so they grow into self-sufficient adults.
Read more about the event here, and put your name on the list at the front desk if you’re going to we can seat you with other Sanitas folks.
Sanitas Dance Party
The organization’s founder – Rico Changeux – is an inspiration wherever he goes. He not only runs this nonprofit, but owns Streetside Dance, a studio built off his stellar career dancing with people like Britney Spears and Michael Jackson.
He will join us this Friday, Sept. 13th at 6:30 p.m. for a special dance class, and I hope you can make it. Bring your friends, kids and family, and let’s dance!