Beau Bryson: Member of the Month
Beau has been a member of CrossFit Sanitas for almost 5 years now and is a staple of the CrossFit Sanitas community. Watching him and his wife, Meg, crush workouts together is inspiring. It is awesome to see how much they push each other, keeping each other accountable and healthy. Beau is a teacher in Boulder, a good friend, someone who is always smiling, and also a great athlete!
1) How did you get started with CrossFit? What was the primary driving factor?
My wife (Meg) and another friend applied enough pressure a number of years ago to start CrossFit together. I remember walking in the door and seeing people doing clean and jerks with the bouncer plates and I wanted to leave immediately. When I don’t want to do something, I typically get a little rage (that’s where my sons gets it). I came from the powerlifting world in high school and thought that the #45 plates were #100’s. So seeing all these people clean and jerk what looked like #235 or #245 multiple times was shocking. Nevertheless, I persisted and it has definitely benefited me. I couldn’t do this without Meg, though. She is my motor and the best partner one could have!
2) What are your goals for the upcoming 2018/2019 CrossFit year?
3) What has been your biggest challenge you have had to overcome since starting CrossFit?
4) What is your favorite CrossFit Workout/Movement?
5) What is your least Favorite CrossFit Workout/Movement?
6) What advice can you give to those just starting out in CrossFit?
7) Lastly… what is your most memorable moment in Crossfit?
A couple additions for the Member of the Month Workout.
- Whats your birthday? 3/17/85
- Whats your lucky number? 7!!!!
- Do you like endurance-style WODs or strength-style WODs? Both! Do both.
- AMRAPs or For Time? Amrap.
Member of the Month Workout
17/13 Cal Bike
7 Strict HSPU
3 Hang Squat Cleans at 185#/125#
85 Double Unders
*To be performed on Tuesday September 9/25/2018