Member Spotlight: Justin Ferland
Over the course of the last year here at CrossFit Sanitas we have seen Justin make major strides as his consistency has increased. His approach to training, “Mechanics, Consistency, and then Intensity” has allowed him to grow and develop as an athlete. We love seeing Justin’s enthusiasm and work ethic in the gym. It is great seeing him get better and work hard day in and day out.
We asked Justin a few questions about what he enjoys most about CrossFit as well as what his biggest challenges are in CrossFit.
Member of the Month Q&A
1) How did you get started with CrossFit? What was the primary driving factor?
2) What are your goals for the upcoming 2017/2018 CrossFit year?
3) What has been your biggest challenge you have had to overcome since starting CrossFit?
“The biggest (amongst many) is being upside down for handstand pushups. It was at least seven or eight months before I even considered going upside down. But one day Dwight strongly told em to just do it, and after that I steadily got more comfortable with the matter. I still don’t like having the wo
4) What is your favorite CrossFit Workout/Movement?
5) What is your least Favorite CrossFit Workout/Movement?
6) What advice can you give to those just starting out in CrossFit?
7) Lastly… what is your most memorable moment in Crossfit?
I was 15 or 16, (Had only been at Sanitas six Months-ish) and the Teens class was deadlifting to a one rep max. During that class I was somehow able to lift exactly 100lbs. Getting into triple digest made me want to really see how far I could take my movements and my body. Today, I’m squatting 180lbs and looking back on that teens class shows me just how far I’ve come. It’s kind of scary to see THAT kind of an improvement. Very eye opening…”
Member of Month Workout: Performed on Monday 09.18.17
6 Strict HSPU
12 Squat Cleans at 95/65