Worried about satisfying any “sweet” cravings during the Clean Challenge? This is a great, fast treat. This literally takes 5 minutes to make and if you can’t do nuts, you can substitute sunflower seed butter for the almond butter. This recipe is based on one that was in The Best of Paleo Magazine, but we’ve altered it to fit with the Clean Challenge. We’ve found that the best almond butter to use is the stuff straight out of the machine in the bulk area at Whole Foods.
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- Sea salt
- Dark chocolate (shaved or mini chips)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Use peeler to shave dark chocolate over the top or sprinkle some mini chips on top.
- Place in freezer for about 10 minutes.